Selected Recent Publications:
- G. Reaves, "The Far Background of the Virgo Cluster," in Proceedings of ESO Workshop: The Virgo Cluster of Galaxies, O.-G. Richter and B. Binggeli, eds., ESO Conference and Workshop Proceedings No. 20, 433-436 (Garching bei Munchen: 1984).
- G. Reaves, "Astronomy for Undergraduate Nonscience Majors" Journal for College Science Teaching 14, 158, (1984/85).
- G. Reaves and Carlo Pedretti, "Leonardo da Vinci's Drawings of the Surface Features of the Moon," Journal for the History of Astronomy 18, 55 (1987).
- G. Reaves, "The Use of the Lunar Librations to Determine the Date of Leonardo da Vinci's Drawing of the Moon in Codex Atlanticus 674 verso," Bulletin of the American Astronomical Society 25, 931, (1993) ABSTRACT.
- G. Reaves, Review (invited) of David Levy's Clyde Tombaugh: Discoverer of Pluto, Journal for the History of Astronomy, 23, Part 1, 71 February 1992).
- G. Reaves and W. L. Putnam, "The Search for Planet X," in The Explorers of Mars Hill, W.L. Putnam, ed., (Phoenix Press: West Kennebunk 1994), 172-188
- G. Reaves, K. Scherer, I. Mann, "On the Dynamics of the Zodiacal Dust Cloud Close to the Sun," presented at NASA-Ames/Astronomical Society of the Pacific Conference, Santa Clara, CA., June 24-26, in From Stardust Planetesimals, M.E. Kress, A.G.G.M. Tielens and Y.J. Pendleton, eds., NASA Conference Publication 3343 (Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, California: 1996), 209.
- G. Reaves, "Advice Concerning the Overproduction of Astronomy PhD's" in AAS Newsletter 86, August 1997, 2.
- G. Reaves, "The Prediction and Discoveries of Pluto and Charon" in Pluto and Charon, S.A. Stern and D.J. Tholen, eds., (Univ. of Arizona Press, Tucson; 1997), pgs. 3-25. [Invited historical review.]